Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Be in Harmony

Daily Reflection
Today, I was listening to a couple that has been married for 25 years talk about how they approach their relationship. The discussion was about how they communicate with each other during challenging times. What really struck a cord with me is when the man of the couple said "I want to be in harmony with you". I thought what a wonderful approach. He went on to say that even though they were arguing, he didn't want to do anything that might further irritate his spouse, so he took a step back from the situation and thought about how he could approach her in the most harmonious way.

I think the lesson here is that we can do this in all of our relationships. In any given moment, we can ask ourselves "am I in harmony with you, right now, in this moment." I encourage you to pause as you interact with others today. To pause and ask yourself this question - am I in harmony with you? If you feel the exchange is not harmonious ask yourself - what might I do to turn this around and make it harmonious? How can I leave this conversation feeling good about our exchange? Record these experiences in your journal and reflect on this harmonious practice.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment