Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Cycle of the Week

Announcements 
We will be kicking off our new year with a focus on service work. If you live in the area and wish to join us for service oriented projects throughout the year, please join http://www.meetup.com/Volunteer-South-Florida/ Our next event, helping out at Flamingo Festival, will take place on January 25th. For more events, please check out the events page.

Starting in February there will be a weekly audio meditation and teaching available for a $5 donation. A portion of the donation will go towards a different charity organization each week. Funds raised and donated will be tracked on our giving back page.

Daily Reflections
It is important to understand the cycles that we go through each week. Today, we will be reflecting on those cycles. Take out your journal and write down the days of the week. Reflect on how you feel each day. You will notice a pattern. I have provided my own cycle as an example. Knowing how you feel on different days of the week can help you organize your work and other needs to coincide with your cycles.

Monday - Monday is my most motivated day. If I want to get something done, I schedule it for Monday. I always have a lot of energy and am ready to work. If there is something I have been procrastinating, I schedule it for Monday.

Tuesday - I also feel quite motivated on Tuesday. I still have a lot of energy to work with and so I try to use it to my best advantage. If I am going to get in a workout. I schedule workouts for Mondays and Tuesdays.

Wednesday - my energy begins to wain and my body begins to relax. Wednesday is a slower day. Meditation and TV watching are some of my favorite activities. I try to schedule things that are stress relievers and work in a gentler asana practice. I still work but my work day is lighter.

Thursday - I feel social and like being with friends. If I am going to go out, Thursday is my day.

Friday - I usually feel like being with family on Fridays and I most often find myself doing house chores or scheduling family down time. Game nights are good for my Fridays.

Saturday - I enjoy exploring the area and/or hanging out with friends. I tend to schedule events on this day. We go to museums or to the beach. This is my planned outing day. I act as a tourist in my area and see things I have never seen. I like to travel.

Sunday - the morning is a spiritual one. I spend time reflecting, meditating, and going to church with my family.

Keep in mind that it may take you a little while to see what your own pattern is but I encourage you to pick up this practice for several weeks and see what you discover about yourself.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment