Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Ritual of the Moon

Announcements 
We will be kicking off our new year with a focus on service work. If you live in the area and wish to join us for service oriented projects throughout the year, please join http://www.meetup.com/Volunteer-South-Florida/ Our next event, helping out at Flamingo Festival, will take place on January 25th. For more events, please check out the events page.

Starting in February there will be a weekly audio meditation and teaching available for a $5 donation. A portion of the donation will go towards a different charity organization each week. Funds raised and donated will be tracked on our giving back page.

Daily Reflections
The ritual of the moon is that ritual that we engage in before we go to bed in the evening. Most of the time we overlook this ritual and/or fail to see its importance in our lives. Today, I want you to reflect on your own ritual of the moon. My ritual is to put on my pajamas, take out my contacts and put on my glasses. I then sit down on the couch with my husband and/or children and watch a little TV. I use this time to unwind from my day and to signal to my body that it is time to relax. By the end of this ritual, I am sleepy and ready to go to bed. I notice that when I do not practice this ritual, the next morning, I don't feel quite as relaxed and I think about this sacred time a good portion of the day. I can't wait to get to this part of the day if I have missed this ritual the night before. What is your ritual of the moon? How do you feel when you practice it? How do you feel when you don't?

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment