Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back To Balance

Daily Reflection
One morning many years ago I woke up one morning and thought, "how did I get to this point in my life"? This happens to all of us from time to time. It was as if I had awakened after a very long slumber and suddenly noticed that the life I was leading and who I was no longer matched. My life was out of balance. I set an intention and I asked the universe for transformation. This question, which seemed so simple at the time, set into motion a series of huge changes to my life. Divorce, split custody, single motherhood, meditation and yoga practice, seminary, teaching, and later on a new man, a new daughter, a move to another state, and the changes keep coming as I keep unfolding. The transformation the universe offered me was not what I thought it would be but much, much bigger. The transformation was not a new job or a different career. Instead, the transformation has been a quest to bring my life back into balance. Every day, over the last 9 years, I have moved into greater and greater harmony. Notice that I said 9 years. This is not a quick process and it continues and does not stop. The practice takes place one day at a time.

I am thinking that you have found yourself on my website because you too are experiencing a transformation, because you too are seeking to realign your life and put it into greater harmony.

In your journal today, write about when your transformation began, how you got here and where you are now? Reflect on what you have learned so far. Reflect on how balanced you feel right now, in this moment.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment