Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Nature of My Life

Daily Reflection
Today we will be reflecting on the nature of your life. We want to evaluate what activities you are most focused on at this time.

In your journal today make a list of everything you did today. For example:

4am - 6am worked on reflection posts for my blog
6am - 8am teaching work
8am - 8pm went grocery shopping, spent time with kids, did house chores

Once you have your list you will be able to see what the main focus is of your life and how much time you are spending on each activity. If you were to look at my list above, you would notice that most of my time and energy goes to being a wife and mother. I spend the majority of my time attending to my children, spouse, and the daily maintenance of the home. What this tells me about myself is that I find my home life extremely important and that I also find it rewarding. This exercise can also help you evaluate whether or not you want to be spending this amount of time focused on one particular thing. It could be the case that I am spending all of this time and energy on my family life but I don't find it rewarding. It is important to note down the feelings and emotions associated with where you are spending your energy particularly if you wish to make a change. You can use this as a starting point to evaluate your time, how you spend it and whether or not you would like to be spending it in a different way.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment