Friday, August 8, 2014

The Teachers Around Us

Daily Reflection
The universe has sent you many teachers over the years. These teachers are all those people you come into contact with in any given moment. Some teachers have a very brief lesson - perhaps you smile at someone at the grocery store to learn more compassion or help him if he is having a bad day. Other teachers are those friends that we met in our childhood but are no longer in our lives because we learned their lessons. Some teachers stay in our lives for a long time. Our partners of 20 years, our long term friendships, our children, our parents they are all our teachers too.

In your journal today make a list of all of the current teachers in your life. Write down each name and reflect on what they have to teach you. For example, my daughter is always content and joyful in almost every moment. She teaches me how to be more joyful and content. My mother often discusses her struggles in life and teaches me how to become a better listener, how to act compassionately and she has also been my role model. She has been a wonderful mother and has taught me how to be a mother to my children. Who are your teachers and what are they teaching you?

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment