Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 3 - Major Life Events

Daily Reflection
If you have come to this post on Day 3, go back and take a look at Day 1 first and work your way up to this day. We are going to be spending the next 5 days reflecting on the major events of our lives. This is going to take some time and is a practice you may want to continue because it will give you many details about who you are, how you handle things, what the patterns are in your life, what your strengths are, what your challenges are, etc. This practice can be very helpful to you, particularly if you have questions about yourself, your life, what you want to do next, what your problem areas are, etc.

In your journal yesterday you wrote down one overall feeling next to each life event you recorded. For example:

Birth of 1st child - fear
Marriage to second husband - great joy
Separation of pelvis - opportunity
Move in 3rd grade - relief

Today and for the rest of the week you will be describing the experience and why you felt the way you did as well as discussing how it currently affects your life. For example:

Separation of pelvis - I saw this as an opportunity because it gave me time with my new daughter. I couldn't do anything but sit in a chair and so I just held my infant all day long. If my pelvis had not separated, I would probably not have taken this time to just hold my daughter. How this has affected my life today - I still have challenges with my pelvis and go through periods of time in which I have trouble walking but it reminds me of this special time I had with my daughter. It still brings feelings of opportunity and joy. My daughter and I share a very close bond. Spiritually, it reminds me to take a break, slow things down, live more in the present moment and look at challenges positively - see them as opportunities rather than hindering.

Make your way through as many of these as possible and continue this process on days 4 and 5.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment