Friday, July 25, 2014

Acknowledge Yourself


Daily Reflections
Oftentimes we are focused on the future and how we will move forward in our lives. We think about what we want to achieve rather than what we have achieved. It can be very difficult to take an objective look at our lives and give ourselves praise for all that we have already done. We are caught up in our own lives as they are right now. Accomplishments happen over a long period of time, in little baby steps, and often go unnoticed.

In your journal today, I want you to reflect back on your last 5-10 years and record all that you have done, how you have changed, what goals you have met, what you have achieved and accomplished. Think about who you were and what you were doing 5 years ago, 10 years ago. Who were you then, what has changed and how are you now? I also want you to reflect on some of the things that are a little more abstract. What I mean here is that it is easy to see things like - "well, I have my degree now" then it is to see "ah, I am much kinder now than I was 10 years ago." Acknowledge how far you have come. Celebrate who you are.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment