Friday, July 18, 2014

Tracking Your Life Path


Daily Reflection
Today, I'm going to share a practice that I find truly helps me in my life. I keep an excel spreadsheet to track the things in my life that I find important. I started this practice in January and have been reviewing it monthly. Across the top of the spreadsheet, I have the month and then I break the month out into days so that I have an entry for each day. In the rest of the columns, I have listed out things that I want to make sure I incorporate into my life. For example, my columns read time with my husband and children, asana/spiritual practice and study, and what things I focused on during the day (my thought patterns). Each day, at the end of the day, I record a simple "yes or no" if I spent time with my husband and children, did yoga, etc. I find that this practice provides a nice record of what I find important as well as what I am focused on. It also points out to me if I have strayed from the path or lost focus.

In your journal today reflect on whether or not this practice might help you. If you believe it would, open up a spreadsheet and get started. If you aren't quite sure what to do, send me an email and I will help you get started.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment