Thursday, July 24, 2014

This Month


Daily Reflection
Most of us are goal setters. We set big goals at the beginning of the year but often find we lose sight of them. Not only do we lose sight of them but we become unfocused on what we really want. I constantly hear people say, "I'm really not sure what I want to do with my life." I hear this from those who are 15 and those who are 80. It is an ongoing experience that we all have in our lives. As our lives change so do our needs and wants and this change is constant. It can be very overwhelming to try to decide what we want to do with our lives. This goal is too big and we are unlikely to be able to decide.

One technique I use to combat this problem is that I ask myself at the beginning of each month, "what do I want to do this month? What do I want to accomplish?" I try to choose just one thing rather than several so that I can really dive deep and focus. I find that if I choose several things, I lose focus and end up doing nothing.

In your journal today, reflect on what you would like to accomplish during the month of August. What one goal can you work on? Put it on your calendar for August 1st and track your progress.

Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment