Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Influence of Our Dreams

Daily Reflection
I often find that our dreams can sometimes heavily influence our thinking. For example, last night I had a dream about my grandmother. My grandmother passed away over ten years ago now and I don't find myself thinking about her as much as I used to; however, because she was in my dream last night, I have spent a good portion of the day reflecting on her life. This happens not only with people but with themes. For example, last week I had a dream that alligators were trapping me in a stadium. The main theme of the dream was feeling trapped. I found that I spent a good portion of the day thinking about all of the times I have felt trapped in my own life.

In your journal today record your dream. Watch how that dream influences your thinking and actions today. Ask yourself, what influence did my dream have on my thoughts today? Just be aware.


Swami K

No comments:

Post a Comment